When you work hard you expect to be paid the promised wage. Unfortunately, wage violations are common, often occurring company-wide at large corporations. If you’ve been wrongfully denied earned wages and your employer won’t budge, you may need to file a wage claim. The Carter Law Firm in Newport Beach wants to help you.
What Is a Wage Claim?
Employees or former employees can file a wage claim for a variety of reasons. Most people file claims based on unpaid wages. These types of claims include unpaid overtime, commissions, or bonuses.
There are other potential instances where you may be eligible to file a wage claim. They include:
- Final paycheck not received.
- Unused vacation hours that were not paid when employment ended.
- Unauthorized deductions from paychecks.
- Unpaid/non-reimbursed business expenses.
- Reporting time pay/split shift premiums.
- Failure to provide a meal and/or rest period.
- Sick Leave Pay for time accrued and used for which you were not paid
For a complete list in California, click here.
Protect Yourself with an Experienced Labor Attorney
Determining how much your current or former employer owes you can be a daunting task. But you don’t have to go at it alone. The Carter Law Firm’s team of wage and hour professionals can help.
If you believe you have a wage claim contact The Carter Law Firm to speak to a wage and hour lawyer.